Mission Statement  

Our Mission: The East Union Community School District provides a challenging curriculum within a safe environment where students achieve their maximum academic and social potential in order to pursue a fulfilling life in a global society.

  About The School  

History of East Union CSD

History of East Union Community School District

The East Union Community School District was established by a vote of the people on April 27, 1959, to become effective July 1, 1959.

The District includes all of New Hope, Dodge, Union, Jones, and Sand Creek Townships and portions of Grant, Highland, and Pleasant Townships in Union County.  Also included are parts of Jefferson and Tingley Townships of Ringgold; Madison Township of Clarke County; and Monroe and Walnut Townships of Madison County.

The area of the East Union School District in the counties of Union, Ringgold, Clarke and Madison totals 268.9 square miles.  Within this area lie the incorporated towns of Afton, Arispe, Lorimor, Thayer and Shannon City, as well as the former villages of Barney and Talmage.